Our house is in official “Open Home” mode – and so the greyhound, budgie and children have been farmed out to various other (loving) homes. I’m missing the budgie and dog, but in over seven years I have never woken up alone in my own home, or had any more than 17 hours away from the kids.
So, it’s now day 4 of an 8 day stint and suffice to say, it has thrown up some interesting revelations about my life without children:
1. I eat out more
2. I eat less
3. I exercise more
4. I still clean and tidy but;
5. My house is immaculate.
6. I am not a bad housekeeper.
7. There’s no timetable to stick to
8. Errands take a tenth of the time
9. The house is silent
10. I wouldn’t swap my kids, the mess and the chaos for all the clean and tidy and calm in the world.
11. I’d like them home now.